Monday, 7 October 2013

Quilliam article 2010

Not long after leaving the BNP I had just read the ‘Islamist' by Ed Husain. This is a factual account of a young guy from London getting caught up in political Islam. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting to see the recruiting and the mind-set of a potential Jihadist.


I emailed Ed because I could see some similarities in the two ideologies and the way they recruit and reaffirm people’s attitudes to their causes. I got to meet with him and some others from Quilliam and this following draft was what we came up with. I don't think it was ever used as Ed relocated to the States and the others I was working with moved to pastures new, so it never got finished. 

I thought I had lost this article when my previous PC died. It’s a bit long winded and doesn't flow as well as it should. I did think about going through it again and cleaning it up but I'm afraid I would end up rewriting it and I think that this would be disingenuous of me. It should be read warts and all. No matter how embarrassing!


Reading it again now. I can see that 'yes’ I had turned my back on the BNP and their ideology but I was still deprogramming myself from a lot of the milder bullshit that the nationalist scene and the whole ideology that goes with it. Such as the over the top patriotism and love for a piece of coloured material, and the fear of losing what it is or what we think it is to be British. I described this process a few posts back


So I thought I would put this article on here for an airing. Most of it is still relevant. Such as the parts that explain why people drift toward fringe parties. The way that mass immigration, multiculturalism and an overzealous politically correct mentality has allowed and in some cases encouraged communities to become aliens to their neighbours. And why this has alienated so many people from the political process. 

Other parts of the paper are ‘as already mentioned'-embarrassing.I can see rereading it now that even many months after leaving the BNP I still had the remnants of the pathetic victim mentality that comes hand in glove with nationalism. This crap obviously took a while to shed from my psyche.


One of the reasons I worked on this paper was because I honestly did think that there was a chance that the BNP could come back in strength. That's not going to happen now. Griffin has all but lost his seat next year. They have virtually no membership and will all but disappear form the political scene.


BUT’ it won’t be the last of them. I believe that Griffin will emulate the EDL. He is intensely jealous of them and their street movement. I think this will be his new direction. Also I mention in the article how the other political parties pushed me to the BNP.I think the political climate that allows criticism has changed for the better [slightly] but we need to do a hell of a lot more to encourage debate without throwing the racist or Islamopobic word around.

Once again apologies for the layout but it was only a draft.


QUILLIAM PAPER 2010

What were the main motivating factors that led you to join the BNP?


Mass unemployment does not affect everyone personally. There are areas in Britain which are relatively untouched by unemployment. But we live in a media world now where it would be very hard not to notice what is happening in neighbouring villages, towns and cities. Your average person is bombarded with constant sensational, negative stories. How are they to know the real story of what is happening to the country? If there is mass unemployment in a county not far from you how long before you and your family are affected? 

 To me’ the politicians did not appear to give a damn about how mass unemployment and immigration effected ‘real’ people and this was one of the reasons why I fell for the lies and promises made by the likes of Nick Griffin. The main problem for me, then and now, was not immigration, but mass immigration. Whilst canvassing for the BNP I did not hear one person say that they wanted every foreigner out, or that they wanted to stop everyone emigrating here. They just wanted some realism.

I understood that we should be taking in people we need, even genuine asylum seekers. But then we should also be kicking out the criminals and anti-English elements.  This wasn’t happening.Immigration affects everyone.  People are rightly worried that there are too many people for too few jobs and homes.We hear on a daily basis how immigrants are getting priority on homes and jumping to the front of the queue. Yet I felt unable to say anything for fear of being branded racist. For me’ it wasn’t a colour or culture issue, but an issue of numbers.You can’t blame people for wanting to come to Britain for a better life, but we had to have limits. Also, the more people that came in the less they appeared to integrate.


The emergence of ethnically homogeneous ghettoes bothered me.  It was not the fact that you could have a Muslim or African family living in your street; it was when whole areas were apparently turned into areas specifically for Muslims or Africans.  I have heard on numerous occasions that the BNP have very little support in areas where there has been good community integration over the years, and I can vouch for this. The BNP gain ground in areas that border ethnically homogeneous ghettos.I understand now that the BNP want to send decent people back to foreign countries and to slam the doors shut forever, however this was not my desired intention. The soft criminal justice system, which now appears to favour the human rights of criminals over the law abiding victim, was also a massive grievance for me.  I still feel that we are living in a surveillance society in which we are all made to feel collective guilt. The vast majority of law abiding citizens should not have to feel as if they are being watched and monitored by the ‘state’.

 Very few people are witnesses to crime, especially violent crime. Where I live we have very little violent crime, no gangs and few stabbings. We do, however, watch the news and we see what other parts of Britain have become.  The amount of elderly people I've spoken to whilst canvassing who are afraid to go out at night in areas that they have lived in all their lives is shocking.  Some of these areas are not even bad but you can understand their fears. 


With the media telling us one thing and the government appearing to be doing nothing, it was only natural for me and people like me to want to listen to people like Griffin with his apparent strong stand on law and order.It was only when I joined the party that I realised that if the BNP were so strong on law and order then they wouldn't have allowed so many people into the party with criminal convictions. Many times these very same people move quickly to become senior party officials. 


The economic crisis also increased my anger against the state. The UK economy was going into melt down, we had constant 24 hour bombardment by the media about the economic crisis and all I saw was inactivity from our politicians who only appeared to be willing to bail out the banks.  Why was immigration continuing at the same levels when we are in recession? Will I lose my job? What was the future going to be like for my children?  These very real concerns appeared second place to bailing out the banks, which it seemed continued in exactly the same manner after the bail-out!


In these difficult times, issues such as involvement in the European Union appeared even more important.   Why were we giving the EU staggering amounts of money when what we were getting back is minuscule in comparison?  Matters become even worse when you realise that we are not even allowed a say on whether we ‘the people’ would like to be a member or not. We hear nothing positive from the media about belonging to the European Union and that we are losing our sovereignty to un-elected bureaucrats. Yet our politicians again remain silent. If the EU is so good then why are they not shouting it from the roof tops? Their silence on this subject and arrogance in thrusting it upon us, I felt, was astonishing. The fact that our elected officials think that we should not be allowed a say on whether we belong to the European Union annoys so many people.  If the European Union is such a good thing for Britain, then debate it publicly and let the people decide. Again; this arrogance in dismissing what the people want drives more people into the hands of Griffins’ BNP, who are able to manipulate this anger into support for their ideology. 


The issue of political correctness also angered me.  There is a constant fear of speaking out against another person if he is anything other than British, especially if you are English, for fear of being branded a racist.  I felt that things needed to change. Minorities needed a voice, I admit, however what has happened now is that the balance appears to have swung too far the other way. There is a huge disaffected white, family orientated, law abiding, English section of society for which no one appears to speak for or represent. The BNP fill this vacuum whilst others were silent.

It seemed like it was only the BNP who understood my frustrations.  Griffin was the only politician that complained about there being a ‘Muslim Council of Britain’, a ‘Black Police Officers Association’ and hundreds of others that were funded by the taxpayer. There are a myriad of minority projects that gain public money, whilst it seemed like relatively little went to mainstream society. This very real and very public imbalance is driving divisions within communities

.Once again it is very hard for people to gauge how real this ‘positive discrimination’ is, but the only time it is mentioned by our politicians is when they are endorsing it.
I had a large number of concerns about what was happening in Britain; concerns which I still have today.  The very same concerns that many people share. The first was the issue of mass unemployment and immigration. I felt that we had thrown open our doors to unskilled workers from the third world and skilled workers from the newly expanded EU.  On top of this we have also lost our manufacturing industry, call centres and data processing to these same places. This just doesn’t make sense to so many people; how can a country with a large percentage of its population sitting idle on state benefits allow a large number of foreign workers in to fill the gap? 

  During my time in the BNP quite a few members of other parties admitted that they were also fed up with ‘positive discrimination’.   Cllrs from the three main parties would often admit that they agreed with a lot of what the BNP were saying however the fact that they only admitted this in private bolstered the image of the BNP in my eyes. One local Cllr admitted to me that he had recently been at a local government planning meeting. The committee comprised of a black man, a gay man and a disabled lady. He told me “...that he doubted very much if these three people were indeed the best qualified, and they were just there because of the relevant minority status”.I understood completely why he would feel like this but how insulting is it for these three people, if they genuinely were the best candidates for the job and this is what we think of them.


My anger with political correctness and ‘positive discrimination’ was further enhanced by the decline of the English identity. Today it seems like we have no history or culture to be proud of. The establishment has adopted an apparent mass apologetic stance on British history, displaying no support or pride for the many worthy and noble things for which this nation was and is responsible for. We constantly hear how town halls refuse to fly the Union flag or the cross of St George in fear of causing offence.


Most of the time I don’t even believe that any offence has been caused to minorities. The only people who appear to complain are white ‘do gooder’s’. This very fact again fuels Griffin’s propaganda about ‘self-hating white liberals’ and allows him to place anyone who speaks out against him in this very category. 


I understand that it is very hard to define the national identity of a nation. Rather, I think it is easier to define what it has done to get it to where it is in the modern day.   We have a long history of art, engineering, music, folklore, science, and architecture whilst being the world leaders in political and philosophical thought. This is what makes England unique and why people like I am proud to be English.


I mention England more than Britain for one reason. Despite the name, the ‘British National Party’ is not a British party. Its membership, supporters and voters are mainly English. This is because in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales you are still allowed to display your patriotism and be proud of your history. Sadly this is the not the case in England. People get angry about this, and rightly so, and sadly it leads to people like me looking for alternatives like the BNP.


What were your views on Muslims before you joined the BNP?

There is a real worry about the ‘Islamification’ of the UK. Not because of ‘Islamopobia’ but because people do not wish to see the basic cultural identity of Britain change. My views were not shaped by an ‘anti-Islamic culture’ but by a pro-British one.  The atrocities committed in the name of Islam and the ‘apparent’ deafening silence by the Muslim community in condemnation of these acts only bred more anger. The only Muslim spokespersons I saw on TV were the ones who justified these terrible actions, like Anjem Choudary and Abu Hamza. I now know that there are vocal Muslims speaking out against these atrocities, however, they were not reported about in the media.  If more Muslims did speak out, this would have allayed a lot of my and many others fears. This is not really my area, but if it was apparent that Muslims were embracing what it means to be ‘British’ this would go a long way to taking down social barriers.  The British people need to see this condemnation, not some self-appointed cleric praising the actions of terrorists or saying “yes it is wrong to kill” but then following it on by saying “but if we were not in Iraq this would not be happening”.This is a typical stance taken by actors such as the ‘Muslim Council of Britain’.We need to see other Muslims speaking out against these extremists who call for blood to be shed over cartoons or calling for the beheading of anyone who insults Islam. This is England. We cannot and should not allow this kind of rhetoric on our streets.
Muslims are not from a certain geographic place but when the only voice you hear on the TV is a Muslim stating that Muslims are first and foremost ‘Muslims’ and that overrides any loyalty to this country, it was only natural for me to place all Muslims in the same category. The BNP used the issue of ‘Islamification’ on a regular basis and their analysis was swallowed up by me and so many other people.                                                                                                                      The press have to take some responsibility for this by only interviewing radicals.  The BNP uses this apparent homogeneous Islamic culture to heighten fears of what is just around the corner. I cannot defend nor deride the Muslim community for its apparent silence. I am not Muslim therefore do not know if terrorist acts are widely condemned within the Muslim community. If they are then they need to be more vocal, thus taking away the BNP ammunition. If these acts are not condemned within the Muslim community; we have a problem. If this small minority of very vocal Muslims calling for Sharia law and the Islamification of Britain are the only voices we hear it is only natural that people are afraid. It does not appear that the press is allowing more moderate voices to be heard from prominent British Muslims. Baroness Warsi, Ed Husain and several highly respected clerics are showing a better face of Islam. This positivity will help defuse Griffins Islamification claims and much more importantly encourage integration and cohesion
Some of these points, like immigration and the Islamification of Britain, are very important to a lot of people but they appear to be taboo. It’s as if mainstream politicians will not touch these subjects for fear of what they will be labelled not just by the opposition parties but also by our highly sensationalist media.


What role do you think the media played in your attraction to the BNP?

The BNP continues to grow in areas such as Carlisle despite the fact that we don’t have similar problems to other areas. This is because the constant sensationalism and hypocrisy by the media makes us feel that the problems that people are experiencing will be affecting us very soon.  Even when I was in the BNP the media only reinforced my views.
It was very interesting when Gillian Duffy tackled Gordon Brown about the influx of Eastern European workers in England. He condemned and dismissed her as a bigot. The media hailed her as the voice of the forgotten English.What if the person who had grilled Gordon Brown was a 20 year old white boy instead of a grandmother?It would have been interesting to see how the press would have reacted then.  
When Michael Howard tried to make mass immigration an issue in the 2005 general election, the media and opposition parties hung him out to dry as a racist and a xenophobe. The fact that he was of Romanian/Jewish descent made no difference to them. They used it to make him sound like he was trying to deny other immigrants the choice to build a better life in Britain like his family had done.This of course was political. The tabloids at the time were very pro-Labour. This hypocrisy by the media is unhelpful and does nothing for people with genuine concerns about mass immigration.   If politicians stifle debate, and the only facts and figures available are through the hugely sensationalistic media, is it any wonder that people drift to the far-right.  The perceptions created by the media may not be true but they will still cause distrust, racial tensions and civil unrest. The perceptions, whether right or wrong need to be dealt with. 


Why did you feel that the other political parties did not represent your interests?

I, like many others, joined the BNP not because of Griffin but because of New Labour. They were the real architects of Griffin’s power base. People like me voted for Griffin because the mainstream parties were not listening. Contrary to what the press, ‘Unite against Fascism’ (UAF) and politicians like to say; Britain is not full of racists. The sensationalist headlines after the election, ‘a million racists voted BNP’, were absolute nonsense and insulting to the many non-racist people who voted BNP out of a lack of choice.
I had these concerns and like a lot people did not like the way things were going, and wanted to get involved in the political process. I contacted the three main parties by email and telephone and asked the questions which bothered me. I did not get a response. I voiced my concerns to my local Labour MP’s office and they sent back a very dismissive short reply along the lines of “we do not believe any of the problems you refer to exist”. I got no reply from my local Conservative and Liberal Democrat branches.  I then contacted UKIP and the BNP. UKIP never got back to me. The BNP did.  I got invited to a local meeting which, like many other people dismayed by the political landscape in our country, was my way in to try and get involved.  I naively thought that to stand for local council was complicated and it was best to stand with a party behind you. After all which other party could I stand for if they refused to acknowledge the things that concerned me?  I have now stood for election four times, canvassed several thousand houses and put up dozens of information tables all around Cumbria. I may have only been in the BNP less than 2 years but I believe I have spoken to more people about what their fears are than some people who may have been political party members for years.
Through years of campaigning, the three main political parties build up data bases of where their supporters are. During an election they target these people to make sure they vote. They may never speak to other voters about what concerns them. The BNP does not have years of data collection to rely on. This means you have to knock on every door. Perhaps if the other three parties did the same they would get a more widespread view on what concerns people. Perhaps if they went to the streets with information tables they would also hear about people’s fears.


What were your perceptions of the party like before you joined?

Of course I had heard about the BNP before I joined, however most of my knowledge was not based on facts. Even when I joined the party, it was only when I was made North West Secretary and had the time to research the party that the wealth of evidence started to appear.  Since leaving the party I have made it my business to research everything I can on them and if I had known then what I know now I would never have even went to the first meeting.
I, like a lot of people, never thought of myself as a nationalist; just as a patriot. I don’t particularly class myself as either left or right wing. I later discovered how Griffin likes to tie nationalism and patriotism together for his own twisted ideology. The whole BNP information programme is about turning people who just care about their country into staunch ethno-nationalists.
The first meeting I attended was an eye opener. It was in a community centre and I was amazed to see that there were some people there that looked like me. The image that I had been given of people with skinheads and tattoos could not have been further from the truth.  There were no inflammatory speeches; just people speaking on the same issues that concerned me.  There was another meeting the following month which I also attended and was again surprised at the normality of it all. I was relieved they were not what I thought they were but I still was not thinking about joining. I was still looking for the catch.



What type of people did you find in the party?

I think you can divide BNP members into three categories:
There are naive people such as myself, oblivious to the intense racism of the BNP, who join the party because they are patriotic people and feel that the other political parties do not speak for or represent them.
Then there are people who are so fed up with the way things are in society that they will support the BNP in knowledge of their racist views because at least they are talking about what concerns them.
Then there are the genuine Nazis, racists and fascists who will always be attracted to the ideology of the BNP. I do believe that this third category represents a minority and will never have a chance of gaining any power, unless we keep assisting them by not addressing the real problems in society.  It is important to note, however, that people do shift between the categories and that someone can go from being naive and aggrieved to fully adopting the ideology of the party.  Others simply ignore the nasty bits of the party and hear only what they want to hear.
A great example was at a BNP meeting that I attended. A very well-known senior figure in the party who was the guest speaker proudly announced he was a white supremacist and a fascist.  Most of the crowd were shocked to hear this and a lot of people were not happy.  However, not one person in the meeting quit because of this, which was no surprise.  What other options were there for them? Who else was speaking up for them?


How did people react to you as members of the BNP once you joined and how did you react to anti-BNP sentiment?

When I canvassed for the BNP I noticed that people were more honest about their fears due to the fact that I was a BNP candidate and would not judge them for what they said. People of all ages and backgrounds voiced the same concerns.Also, it’s very important to mention that it was just not ‘white British’ people who voiced these concerns. There were a growing number of people from immigrant descent who felt exactly the same. The far-right is now trying to tap into and attract these voters.
People opened up to me on the doorsteps. It was extremely rare you heard a racist comment or an inflammatory remark. People were generally worried about mass immigration. With all these new arrivals how will they and their children get a job? Why was ‘English’ now apparently a dirty word? Why was it now that politicians did not care about them or their fears? Why were schools full of children who spoke little English? How then could their children get a good education if a large amount of time was being invested in these non-English speaking children?And the most common complaint I heard, which coincidentally was what got me involved in the first place, was ‘why was no one listening’?
This was Carlisle. Over 98% ethnically white. I could imagine what the fears in other more diverse areas were like.
I did experience some hostility, however.  During one monthly meeting there were about 25-30 protesters outside the venue. All of them had placards and were chanting obscenities as people were trying to get in. The most disturbing thing was that a large percentage of them were children. Their ages ranged from approx. 5 to 16. They were shouting obscenities at anyone trying to gain entry. There was a police presence but they seemed focused only on people attending the meeting, not on any abuse coming from the protesters. One of the officers, when questioned about why he was not stopping the threats and abuse, told us that “he was here because he had specialist training in dealing with racists and the protesters were none of his concern”. This comment made a lot of people very angry. To be judged like that by a police officer was insulting.Standing at the edge of the crowd was an Asian gentleman who appeared to be orchestrating the whole protest. I was told that this gentleman was in fact related to the local Asian Labour Cllr. This fact alone then made the protest political and not just concerned members of the public. It was easier to dismiss.
As I walked into the meeting a well-known anti BNP activist got right in my face and told me that I was “not welcome here; Nazi scum”. This was a shock to say the least. How could he call me Nazi scum? He didn’t know me. This character was what I would class as your typical protester. White, student, dreadlocks and,,,,,,, top hat?
This was my first run in with protesters.  It did not make me walk away. Rather, it made me feel that what I had read so far from Griffin was maybe true – that these protesters were the self-hating liberal Marxists he loved to talk about.  That was my first experience of how outside hostility can drive you further into the party and galvanize you. The protesters and that police officer had made a few BNP activists more active that night!
By the time the next meeting came around I was still angry. How dare someone call me a Nazi or a racist for having the gall to attend a meeting where the issues that concerned me were openly talked about?
I started to help out in the local elections. This is when I first became aware of the leaflets which are distributed against the BNP during an election period.  These anti-BNP leaflets only reinforced all that the BNP said about their opponents.  These leaflets had pictures of Anne Frank and Auschwitz and, although these were emotive pictures from a dark chapter in human history, I had not actually heard anyone in my local branch deny the holocaust had happened. In fact it had never been discussed, and why would it? At this point I didn’t even know Griffin had denied it. Also to make the leaflet look even sillier it had an obviously mocked up photograph of Griffin doing a Nazi salute!I dismissed the leaflets instantly and never questioned why they portrayed Griffin as a Nazi.  With hindsight this was me getting more ingrained into the party.
A few months later we set up an information table in the middle of Lancaster. It was not long before we had around thirty UAF members at our table. Some were wearing masks; taking pictures and shouting abuse which, again, did not make me walk away and rethink my political allegiances. It merely got me angrier and pushed me further into the party again. After this run in I became more ingrained more dedicated.
This is the symbiotic relationship between the BNP and the UAF.  Griffin needs the UAF, since they allow him to portray himself as a martyr single handily taking on the state, fighting for your average man and women on the street. Every time the BNP is attacked publicly their martyr status is elevated, which in turn benefits the party financially with donations. I have never heard any praise for the UAF from people on the doorstep. They are widely seen as professional protesters and nothing more. 
I have also been told that some anti-BNP propaganda that ends up on UAF forums actually originate from within the BNP itself. The theory being that obvious lies about certain people or events when placed on UAF forums are then easily disproved by activists at local levels. These obvious, fabricated stories are then rehashed in BNP literature and meetings to perpetuate the myth that all the UAF say are lies.Many people also see the hypocrisy in the UAF protesting against the BNP whilst the likes of Choudary are left unopposed.  I believe they would be more vindicated and listened to by the general public if they were more vocal against all forms of extremism. They gain no support by being seen to only protest against white working class people.
The constant media onslaught against the BNP also strengthens its base, increasing the perception that white working class people are ignored by society and not allowed a voice. The fact that every single newspaper condemns the BNP is used by party leaders as a sign of a conspiracy against the white working class.


Did the racism of the BNP affect you once you joined?

I had actually emailed the party several times as to ‘why blacks/Asians were not allowed to join the party?’ When I eventually did get a reply I was told that membership was only open to indigenous Britons to protect the party and that if the party allowed in any one at all the fear would be that ‘wreckers’ could join the party and destroy it from within.  This obvious propaganda and false statement was actually enforced in late 2009 by a representative of ‘Operation Black Vote’, who stated that they would do this very thing when the membership opened up to non-whites.Of course it’s not the real reason they didn’t admit black/Asian people but ‘Operation Black Vote’ just handed him propaganda on a plate with that statement.
This official answer as to why non-whites could not join perhaps would not have been enough for me. My recent run in with protesters and the sheer relief of being able to discuss important things with likeminded people though far outweighed the inherent racism, and I signed up.


What were your duties and experiences during the election period?

Our local organiser was a major contributing factor to me joining the BNP and after he stepped down through ill health I was given the job as his replacement. I wanted to grow and develop our branch.  I tried to get members to get active in the community, building bridges with other Cllrs and local government officials.
I was then moved up to official status as secretary for the North West of England. I threw myself into this work and got familiar with a lot more members. I was heartened to find even more decent people just like me. Although there were some people with unpalatable views, I believed that they were not speaking for the party and I just ignored them.
Up until this point I was quite happy campaigning for elections, canvassing and putting information tables up in the town centre. After standing for election four times and all the work that goes with it, it was heartening to hear that there was huge support. People en masse were feeling ignored and alienated from the political system. A vast majority of people I spoke to were all voicing the same concerns as me. This however did not swap over to votes. People would openly say “I agree with a lot of what you stand for but I’m not voting for you, just in case you are what they say you are”. This held back lots of people from voting BNP.  This could all change, however, if the political establishment does not start realising these very real fears that a lot of people have. 
During elections we did get the odd abusive person on the doorstep. These got very rare though. When it did happen you just dismissed them as ‘antis’. For everyone you got that was anti, you got ten that were pro. You really did feel like you were standing up for a forgotten people.



Could you explain in a bit more detail the tactics employed by the BNP, especially in relation to people who want to leave the party?

The BNP has a very fine tuned propaganda machine. They mix facts and figures with urban myths in order to dilute the truth and enforce dubious facts for their own purposes. This they peddle through their website, newspaper and leaflets.  The BNP were also adept at spinning a legitimate grievance into a recruitment tool for the party.  For example, a few years ago a young white student was beaten to death by three Asians who were heard by a witness to shout out that the attack “will teach a white man not to interfere in paki business”. This was widely reported in the news, yet the perpetrators went down for murder and the case was not treated as a race crime. These very real injustices are wrong. Racism is racism no matter who the perpetrator is. This is a very real reason why people feel like we live in a very unfair society now. Are the media afraid to say that there are Black/Asian racists living amongst us?
Again, such instances play right into the hands of the BNP who used the story accordingly, portraying the establishment as only ever concerned with injustices towards ethnic minorities and not those towards white people. The BNP didn’t have to say that every black guy was a criminal or every Muslim was a terrorist. They didn’t have to. They were able to use a true story whilst being aided by a politically correct driven system which is afraid to report any negatives on any other community which is not white British. Such tactics enforced the image amongst us that the problems in this country were all down to immigration and that this is a purposeful ploy by the ‘Marxists, communist traitors’.
Griffin freely and often admits that he has read ‘Mein Kampfe’, acknowledging that he finds the parts on propaganda very useful. You can see glaring similarities between the propaganda in 1930’s Germany and BNP propaganda today.Firstly you need a scapegoat to focus on and galvanise your supporters. The Jews were the fall guys in Germany. We now have immigrants, especially Muslims, today. You then need a common enemy. Germany had the communists. Griffin labels anyone who does not agree with him a Marxist.
The BNP also employ the tactic of making treachery to the party the same as treachery to the country. Both Stalin and Hitler did the very same. Everyone who leaves the party or questions his totalitarianism is a traitor to Britain. It’s another form of control. I still to this day receive phone calls from people in the party who will not leave the party because they are afraid of getting threats or intimidation. This I know does happen. When I left I received death threats and intimidation. As I have a family this stopped me speaking out for several months.  Another reason some people will not leave is because they feel that they are stigmatised forever. So they may as well remain.
A common theme in BNP literature is that the entire establishment and media are dedicated to bringing the country down, turning it into an Islamist state, governed by Sharia law. All Cllrs, police officers and teachers are part of this mass traitorous movement to subjugate the British people. I even heard during a speech at a BNP meeting, in the presence of Griffin, that once the BNP eventually gained power they would have all the traitorous, Marxist teachers hanging from the bridges of London due to the teaching professions apparent systematic eradication of the English national identity in the national curriculum.  The person who made this remark is now a very senior member of the party.  Such threats exist on countless BNP support blogs and forums, and are not only reserved for teachers and other supposed ‘Marxists’.  When I left the party I received similar threats, the majority of which were coordinated by paid officials of the party.  Many people who know the insides of the party, such as myself, believe that despite Griffin’s ‘public con’ to clean up the party, privately he wants the party to remain hard-line in order to still appeal to the violent, racist aspects of society.  This I feel is down to his belief that, when society inevitably self-destructs, Griffin will need the thugs in his party to assume power.


How should civil society respond to the threat of the BNP?

We have to come to the sad realisation that the BNP have two democratically elected MEP’s and that a certain section of the British public have had to turn to this party because no one else appears to be listening. These people have a right to be heard, but not through the ideology of the BNP.  That is why we need a sensible and thorough debate beyond the unhelpful protests of those such as the UAF and beyond the lies and conspiracies of Griffin and his party. We saw in recent elections that BNP members evaded hustings and interviews in front of the press in fear of being exposed.  This is the way to beat them; putting them in the spotlight for all to see.
From my experiences all the average person knows of the BNP is that they wish to stop mass immigration. Mass immigration is a concern to a lot of people and remains a concern to me. This fact alone ensures them votes. The people, however, need to see the rest of the BNP.  Mainstream politicians need to tackle their ideology and do it quickly.  We need to have faith in the British people that they will see through them. I do not doubt for one moment that they will.
All three political parties have been responsible for the growth of the BNP. This is a fact. Neither I nor people I know would have gone to them if we had an alternative speaking for us.
I believe that the best way to end the BNP’s political career is to allow open and free debate, without people fearing that they will be branded a racist.  Unless we allow debate and stop this culture of fear we are heading for racial tensions.  I also do not believe that if you get rid of the BNP you get rid of racial tensions, which shall continue so long as communities keep on dividing and isolating themselves from each other.  It is important to remove the likes of the BNP from the political scene; however it is more important to remove the reasons why they are there in the first place.  The playing field therefore needs to be level again so that regardless of what colour, religion or ethnic origin you are, no preferential treatment is given to you by the authorities because of the colour of your skin, religion, sexuality etc. The British people are very tolerant people with very few actually wanting the doors slammed shut and people sent home.This as everyone knows though is the end game result for Griffins BNP. Make no mistake, for him it is all about race.
At the moment, the BNP are going through a very hateful and vile internal fight all because some people have challenged and questioned Griffin’s leadership of the party. If any one doubts how bad the BNP are or how bad they would be for this country, just look at the hate blogs and the devious propaganda that has been employed by Griffin and his henchmen; Jefferson, Golding, Dowson and Arthur Kemp.  The more people see of Griffin’s vile brand of politics the more people are turned off by the party. If the BNP does survive this internal in-fighting, and I suspect that they will, there are still a whole host of fresh, disaffected people out there who are vulnerable to the ideology of the BNP.  Unless our politicians face up to some very real problems they may well come back stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment